Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Yikes!

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I know it's been a long time since I've posted, but I promise I have good reasons!

1. My computer died. Like... won't-even-turn-on, deader-than-a-doornail died.

2. Because my computer died, and because the Hubster is awesome, I have a new-used computer which is equipped with Linux. So, I've been spending all my blogging time learning how to use this computer... and how to type without hitting the mouse on this thing.

It's a work in progress.

3. I got a job... kinda. I am now certified to run a classroom temporarily for any teacher in the school district out here. Basically, that's a slightly more glamorous way to say I've applied and been accepted to be a minimum-wage substitute. (I know, I'm really living up to my Bachelor's degree in Business Management.)

At least I don't have any student debt?

3. I got a new calling in my ward! Okay, you got me. That just barely happened, and I haven't even been sustained yet, so it's not really part of the "why I didn't post" group.

They called me in and asked me, with a very concerned look, if I thought I would be able to handle another calling with my current RS piano-playing assignment.

That kinda made me giggle on the inside.

When I assured him that yes, I would be able to manage, he asked me to be the secretary in the RS. I'm not yet 100% sure what that entails... but I'm sure I'll find out on Sunday!

4. Our house is changing like CRAZY! It now has drywall, stucco, rocks, and stairs in the garage. What's left is cement work for the garage and patio, and the interior work. So, with that in mind it's looking like we'll be moving in the 2nd or 3rd week of November. We're really hoping it's the 2nd, so we're not having to worry about moving the week of Thanksgiving!

I will post pictures soon, when I feel like tackling uploading pictures from my phone to this machine. In the meantime, you can see some pictures on FB if you're friends with the Hubster.

5. I have somehow developed major insomnia issues. Me + Sleep = Only after 3am... every day. I actually managed to wake up at 8:30 this morning, only to blink and see the clock magically change to 10:45. Ughh. This sleeping schedule is messing with my head, which makes my whole day seem just a little off.

I was going to post a picture here... but now I literally think my computer is POSSESSED. Just trust me on this one... don't type "insomnia" into google image search... especially if it's night time or if you have issues with creepy eyes. 




And on that note....


Here's a recipe I found and made tonight.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/hamcasserolerecipes/r/blbb637.htm

While we live in the basement, we're responsible for cooking dinner twice a week. Momma D asked me to use the leftover ham from last night, so I found this and got to work.

It's REALLY easy to make, the Hubster says it's a keeper, and Momma D says she's going to assign me more days to cook... so I'm declaring this one a success all the way around!



Sorry this one had so many words... I promise I'll post pictures next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment